Whatever professional wax London therapist or service you use, keep in mind that the procedure is basically the same. Whether you hire a professional therapist in New York or in London, they probably are going to say the same thing, examine the same stuff, and give you the same advice. For instance, if your hair is too short, it is most likely that they won’t do the procedure at all. They will tell you to go home and come back when your hair is, at least, an inch long. A professional therapist won’t take risks; they know what to do, what things are considered dangerous, and the best way to avoid infection or irritation.
Types of Waxing Procedure
Whether you choose the regular waxing, the bikini type, or the hot waxing, keep in mind that there are some things you must do after the treatment to avoid further skin issue. For instance, the therapist may advise you to exfoliate and moisturize the waxed area to prevent ingrown hair, which can be painful and lead to infection.
There are some other aftercare procedures that you may have to follow in case you have just completed the hot waxing treatment.
- Never ever take another skin care treatments, especially within the 48hours after the waxing procedure
- Avoid sunlight and other heat sources, such as saunas or hot baths for at least 48 hours.
- Use loose clothing to avoid friction. Stay away from tight clothes for at least 488 hours.
- Don’t use any skin care products for at least 24 hours, but afterward, be sure to choose good moisturizer
- It is a good idea to always wash the hands before applying moisturizer or performing exfoliation.
- Don’t use perfumed or scented body creams or lotions.
- Consider having a regular waxing within 6 to 8 weeks to keep the hair trimmed and well managed. Such time window allows you to minimize the pain too.